EFCC freezes Shehu Sani’s bank account and asking him to declare his assets
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission have been accused of freezing former Kaduna lawmaker, Shehu Sani’s bank accounts and asking him to declare his assets.
In a statement released by Shehu Sani’s aide Suleiman Ahmed on Sunday January 12, the anti-graft agency was accused of bias as the former lawmaker’s accuser who admitted to giving bribe has not been detained.
“Mr Orilade, what is the connection between allegations of extortion of $25,000 and then searching his residence, blocking his accounts and forcing him to declare his assets?” Mr Ahmed said in response to EFCC spokesperson, Tony Orilade.
Ahmed also disclosed that President Buhari’s close friend, Alhaji Samaila Isa Funtua who was mentioned in the frame up against Shehu Sani is also yet to be invited for questioning.
When Premium Times contacted Mr Ahmed, he said it was Mr Sani’s GTB account that was frozen. When asked how he confirmed that the account had been frozen, he said Mr Sani’s family members who tried to access the account, as is the norm, were prevented from doing so since last week.
However, the acting spokesperson to the EFCC, Tony Orilade, he said he was not aware of the commission freezing Mr Sani’s bank account. He said the commission was still investigating the embattled ex-lawmaker.
The statement read;
*QUESTIONS FOR EFCC SPOKESMAN TONY ORILADE WHO SAID SENATOR SHEHU SANI HAS A CASE TO ANSWER*
1. Why has the EFCC not detained Shehu Sani’s accuser who admitted to giving bribe?
2. Why has the EFCC not invited Alhaji Samaila Isa Funtua who was mentioned in the frame up against Shehu Sani?
3. What can you say on the allegation that the accuser of Shehu Sani can neither read nor write that it was the EFCC that guided him on what to say?
4. We have in on record that Shehu Sani’s accuser has no pending case with the Supreme Court, how comes did he give Shehu Sani bribe to give the CJN?
5. We have it on record that Shehu Sani’s accuser has no pending or ongoing case with the EFCC, how comes did he give Shehu Sani bribe to give the EFCC or its chairman?
6. The CJN denied the bribe allegations and Shehu Sani denied the bribe allegations, where did Tony Orilade get his fact?
7. It is not enough posting statement about Shehu Sani if you have any evidence or fact why not post it now
8. Mr. Orilade, what is the connection between allegations of extortion of $25,000 and then searching his residence, blocking his accounts and forcing him to declare his assets?
9. You said people defending Shehu Sani are doing it for pecuniary gain, are you defending EFCC for free?
10. Shehu Sani petitioner said $24,000 and you said $25,000, are you the one that added $1,000
11. Mr. Toni Orilade should stop lying and threatening people. If you have any cheque or draft or anything to show please do so